David

Default My observation David Marks

Ok, let me state at the outset that I like his shows. I'm sure many of
you also appreciate him. I don't want what I'm about to say to be
thought of as a slam of him in any way, and I am not wanting to start an
argument of any sort!

Here goes: Last night, as I was watching him interview Krenov "it"
finally struck me. His delivery is stilted, like when a non-actor is
required to stand in front of a camera to recite some lines of dialog.
He seems to always be reciting, from memory, his lines, with no true
feelings imparted to the dialog. Norm, on the other hand, always seems
totally natural when speaking to the camera.

I've been able to tune in to his shows for only the past few months. I
think he does a credible job of presenting the projects that have been
selected for broadcast. Certainly none of that "and a few brads to hold
it until the glue dries" mentality!

Do any of you also find David's delivery "forced" and unnatural?

I will continue to search the DIY channel listings for his shows and
tune in to any that I've not seen before.

Dave