Phillip Hallam-Baker

Actually I am sure I saw Marks use his dado head to do a tenon the
other week...

Why is this? Is there an advantage to loose tenons that I am unaware

of?
Does he just like to show off his multi router? Are they just easier

make

It appears that they are easier to make if you have already dropped
$2700 (plus the price of the router) on the multirouter.

The other advantage is that you do not need a special bit to the
tennons on rail and stile doors. For the windows I am making at the
moment loose tenons would not provide enough strength, but for cabinet
doors where you don't need as much strength and for entry doors where
you have a lot of tenon surface area this is is not as big an issue.