Pete C.

shsrthjrth wrote:

Hello all

This little Tig, Arc welding machine come with 3 color power wire
which I don't know which go where? it's 220v.. have black,white,green
one have letter (PE) on it. My power source is a 220v 20A 3 prongs
plug which look similar to house 110v except on flat leg go side way.
The 9 O'clock one if you look at the power wall plug.

Somehow I think I busted it with wrong conection since I could'nt get
an arc out of it neither with Tig torch nor Stick Arc. I did get the
machine to power on one time (I saw the back fan run with the power
red light on) with black wire for ground round plug, with other two
for flat plug.

On the manual said this welder need 3-prong 220VAC POLARIZED
TWIST-LOCK plug which I don't know what the hack does that mean.

This is the second unit which I exchange the first for the same
problem and don't think they will let me change for the 3rd one. HA
HA. The chinese should have a better manual or fool prove set-up for a
fool like me or they gona have unnecesaryt return a lot.

I hope it didn't damaged when I connected the wrong power wire last
time. Or my $169.- is gone (got it on sale at that price) both the box
looked good un open and just shiped in 2 month ago.

Anyway if anyone can help to correct my simple mistake would be
appreciated. Or else I got to get the uncle Sam's Miller or Lincoln
instead

Thank you

sunnyboy

Black would be one hot lead, white in the case of a 220v welder would be
the other hot lead (should be taped black or red to indicate it is not a
neutral) and the green is ground. The PE label indicates "Primary Earth"
a.k.a. ground.

Pete C.