Rob Morley

In article .com,
"brenton" says...
I just bought a corded hammer drill from Homebase, brand PBX (their
own) and,... I cannot work out how to insert the drill bit. (Pause
while you all have complete hysterics) It's a keyless chuck where you
pull the rear sleeve of chuck back and then turn front sleeve to
tighten/loosen the chuck.

The rear sleeve seems to move back, although only slightly and the
front sleeve only turns a half - 3/4 turn which barely tightens the
chuck at all.

Sometimes the chuck on my drill gets stuck in the fully open or fully
closed position - gripping the chuck, pulling it back and running the
drill slowly in the appropriate direction frees it up. Of course
this is one of those things that you're not supposed to do, so don't
blame me if it rips your hand off. And don't do it with a bit in the
chuck or it might fly out and put your eye out.