Gunner

On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:23:00 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:25:41 GMT, the inscrutable Gunner
spake:

On Thu, 19 May 2005 14:58:11 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Your Prez is off his leash, dude.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is
the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the
champion and vindicator only of her own. She will recommend the
general cause by the countenance of her vice and the benignant
sympathy of her own example. She well knows that by once enlisting
under banners other than her own, were they even the banners of
foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of
extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual
avarice, envy, ambition, which assumed the colors and usurped the
standards of freedom. The fundamental maxims of her policy would
insensibly change from liberty to force....She might become the
dictatress of the world. She would no longer be the ruler of her own
spirit."

--John Quincy Adams, address to the House of Reps on July 4th, 1821

Should you be reminded of the "shores of Tripoli"?

The Barbary War, where we had to defeat pirates who threatened our new
country's lifeline? I know of no current pirates operating against us.

http://www.jaysnet.com/666-2004-twin-towers.jpg

I was reminding you of our president's religious, oil-driven farce in
Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria?/NK?/etc. which is being presented to us as a
reaction to and cure for terrorism (theirs, not ours.)

Interesting collection of buzzwords you managed to link together. Your
handlers at the DNC would be proud.

Gunner

Save the Endangered Bouillons from being cubed!
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown