Patriarch

"Matt Zack" wrote in
m:

I like smooth adjustments and minimal vibration.
Has anyone a/b tested both saws?

Also... General has something called the Millineum right now. Is it
worth $2069 ? What model is the best General to get?
Matt

The differences between the top line saws are not nearly as important as
the differences between the dealers and/or distibutors from whom you can or
will purchase the saw.

Availability, shipping, setup, knowing who has the current 'hot deal', who
has stock at a good price and wants to move it, who has the accessories
that you may need, whose repair services match your needs...

You've said nothing about where you live, so I can't recommend a dealer
near you.

It is rumoured that the first production Unisaw built is still in regular
service.

http://groups-
beta.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_frm/thread/ba3c2ac47f80f84/aba
2fa46b0954aa4?q=el+guapo+unisaw&rnum=1&hl=en#aba2f a46b0954aa4

With Delta's current changes, picking either the Powermatic or the General
is an excellent choice.

Patriarch