ATP*

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
news:JGmje.11113$Y36.1933@trndny05...
We all work with metal in some shape or form (or are reading the group for
some other reason). I assume that many of us look for machinery from time
to time as proven by the many posts about what (insert generic object
title here) to buy.

When looking for specific info, some people ask here... Some people look
in trade publications... Some people visit the net / MSC / McMaster /
ThomasRegister / etc. eBay is sometimes a viable search area too since
many of us look for used or low cost equipment either for kicks or
sometimes just for spare parts, etc.

For our company, I hit the trade publications and web sites as often as we
can afford to. We also work very hard to have a high page rank and many
"doors" to our business via web site(s). We are on Thomas's web "thing"
as well as Zycon and a few others. Am I missing some other avenue to
advertise metalworking - or in my specialized case, production drilling
machinery?

Are there any LISTSERV type email distribution lists that cater to that
segment? Although specific product pushing is not allowed, professional
lists allow contributors to post their contact information at the bottom of
their message. There are quite a few such lists and the discussions are
usually pretty industry specific and often quite technical. Another
possibility might be writing articles for trade magazines, although that
would probably be pretty time consuming.