Julie P.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
We have sliding patio doors and the key has broken and is now stuck in
the main yale lock. I cannot remove the key. I cannot see how to remove
the lock.
This isn't urgent, it's been broken for months but with the summer
coming up I thought I'd better get it fixed!
Please can anyone advise on what I can do?
Many thanks,
Andy

First, you shouldn't have posted this here. Try the locksmithing group
instead. The people here are mostly hacks, not professionals or
do-it-yourselfers who do quality work.

But if you just can't pull the lock, which you really should be able to do,
just weld a piece of metal to the key and pull it out that way. A quick
tack should do.