:::Jerry::::

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:

If everyone of an innocent nature was carrying an ID card, then
you wouldn't be worried at all about being stopped in the street
by the police and asked to show your ID.

The Police can already ask a citizen to identify themselves. This

new
system extends that power to any little Hitler or US corporation

which wants
to participate. It means we all get the "1984 Clubcard", where our
movements and choices are surveilled and analysed by countless

snoopers.

Terrorists and illegals will simply use forged papers, or take

advantage of
the 3m rule for overseas visitors. The only people who'll be

screwed by
this will be the law-abiding UK nationals.

No, the only people who will get screwed will be the people who look
like law-abiding UK nationals but are really common criminals with
something to hide - So what if 'Big Brother' knows that you were in
area 'Z' on the 8th July 2007 at 22:33 having driven through areas 'X'
and 'Y', you bought a Kit-kat along with the petrol you put in your
vehicle in area 'X', to get there if you haven't done anything
wrong?...

Stop your bleating, before people start to think that you have
something to hide....

In other words, stop the extremist scare stories, Blair and Co. are
saying that the country needs ID cards due to terrorism etc., we all
know that ID cards will not stop such activities (for obvious
reasons), blow the given reasons out of the water and their whys and
wherefores collapse IYSWIM.