Conor

In article , Zak says...

The flats I live in are privately owned and so is our car park.

No, the flats are owned, not the car park. Unless the deeds to the
property specifically mention part of the car park, the owner of the
flat doesn't have any right of ownership to a space.

It seems to me to be pretty much the same thing as you living in a
house and having your own car parking area next to the house.

If there is unrestricted access to the public, I'd expect anyone to
park on it.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.