sme

On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:36:21 GMT and in uk.rec.cars.misc, Guy King
wrote....

The message . 170
from Adrian contains these words:

Trouble is, the badges are ridiculously easy to get hold
of. When my wife's expired shortly after we moved to Telford we
rang up the bod and explained, they sent a form which we completed
and sent off £2 and a photo and back came the blue wossname. No
checks on (in)validity at all.

Yebbut, that was a renewal. Try getting a new one.

But we were renewing it in a different borough and gave no indication
of where the original badge was obtained.

But if you gave them information about the expired badge then someone else
is responsible for declaring your wife disabled.

It's the same as renewing your car insurance. It is your responsibility to
disclose a change in circumstances.

--
sme