TheScullster

Default Drainage Question

Hi all

I am in the process of having building works done and the contractor started
by sorting the drainage. For various reasons this is an extra and involved:

Removing existing gully and replacing with new.
Adding 2 additional gullies.
Adding 1 inspection chamber 500 dia (6 connection)
Supply/fit about 12m pipe
About 12 elbows, couplers etc
Connecting above to existing clay pipe.

This took one man 3 days with about 1/2 day additional time total from boss
man (in 4 visits).

Question 1

The attachment to the existing clay pipe was made using a thick rubber
reducing sleave.
Looked like it was purpose made admittedly, secured with jubilee clips round
to both plastic and clay. Struck me as odd that the fitting attached around
the O/Dia rather than sleaving into the I/Dia of the clay in the flow
direction. Didn't see whether the plastic slid inside the clay or not!
Is this rubber joint common practice?
(On the positive side, the clay pipe was under an extension wall and this
rubber joint would give some allowance for movement between plastic and clay
pipes).

Question 2

How much should this cost including moving paving slabs, digging out,
refilling with shale and relaying slabs? The site is East Yorkshire.

TIA

Phil