Alan Gauton

In article . 170,
says...
Alan Gauton ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

The notices say the bays are for Blue Badge holders. The Blue Badges
have to be displayed in the front of the car.

I wish that more supermarkets enforced the rules.

Yep, but *intelligently*.

My father's currently waiting for both knees to be replaced, and can barely
walk, even with two sticks. However, because it's a relatively short-term
thing, he can't get a blue badge. He's been threatened with clamping in his
local supermarket for parking in the disabled bays, as they are blue-badge
only. We've all seen perfectly able-bodied people abusing blue badges, too.

How do you know they're able-bodied? Some of my family have a blue
badge, but don't look like they need it. Sometimes the problems are
internal, not obvious, such as having lungs missing, ....

Me too - I would also love it if they do that for parents and kids
spaces as well.

Personally, I wish people would leave their bloody kids at home when they
go to the supermarket. It'd make *everybody's* shopping less unpleasant
without the whining fractious brats that don't want to be there. I also
wish they'd train the little ****s to look and think before slamming car
doors open onto other people's cars - but since many adults seem unable to
do that themselves...

So when I go to Asda to pick up my wife after work, I leave my 4 year
old and my 17 month (disabled) at home. Not everybody can leave them at
home. And my 4 year old is careful, as she can't open the doors herself
anyway.

--
AG

Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
(Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)