MM

On Fri, 20 May 2005 09:15:33 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Brian G" wrote in message

Brian G

Why don't you use your name? Are you trying to hide something?

Anyone who uses his own name in these newsgroups is asking for
trouble. There are a bunch of nutters out there, and you can never be
sure that your personal safety is guaranteed any more. That's why more
and more people go ex-directory and hide everything they possibly can.
This is a nation of snoopers. We are the most watched society in the
Western world. People are willing, keen even, since we love a nice
dollop of Schadenfreude whenever we can get it, to denounce their
distant neighbours if their face doesn't fit. The situation is already
dire. I would grab myself a new moniker as quickly as poss, if I were
you. After all, why does it matter *who* you are? It's what we say
that counts.

MM