jakdedert

PaPaPeng wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2005 09:12:59 -0500, "jakdedert"
wrote:

You'd have to give more detail.

****A caution: if you're wiring up anything involving mains power,
you should be VERY aware of what wire goes where. Use a multimeter
or continuity tester of some sort to verify the wiring. Otherwise,
have a qualified electrician do the work. Anything less is a
serious safety issue.****

I had installed a subpanel in the garage to set up both a 220V as well
as 115 V power outlets for my many shop tools. They have enough
breakers to accommodate the loads I intend them for. I am a retired
tech on electronic as well as industrial instrumentation. Haven't
smoked anything yet.

As for your security light, I can't imagine a miswiring scenario
which would cause the symptoms you describe.

Its simple as my having bypassed the motion sensor so that it is a
normal switch operated light. Its not a bother to switch it on when I
need to. The question is how to wire the sensor in series. I may
just have to go to the hardware store to look at the wiring diagram
printed on the back.

I see. Most of them I've worked with only have two wires. The module's
already wired into the fixture. Maybe a bit of judicious disassembly would
reveal the two wires which go into the sensor/switch module...after that,
it's simply a matter of putting those two wires in series with the wall
switch, and then to the hot leg. I can't imagine polarity would be an
issue....

I'm not sure if I explained the above clearly, let's try a flow chart:

ac neutralac neutral (white wire) of the fixture.
ac hotwall switchmodule (in)module (out)hot lead of the fixture.
Groundground on the fixture.

Make sense? Of course there's a remote possibility that you fried the
module....

jak