Odinn

Dave in Fairfax wrote:

You don't *have* to have a kiln, sitcker and air-dry the wood.

Odinn wrote:

Yes, but that means 1-2 years waiting to use the wood

Very true. OTOH, if you have *pretty* wood, Air drying will keep
it pretty, KD will make it less so, at least in my opinion. It
does take time, but I've gotten used to that doing turning. It
isn't fun, but it's frequently worth it. YMMV.

Maybe I can kiln dry enough to redo the kitchen with this year and air
dry the rest to do the entertainment center with next year. With the
amount that I'm going to be milling, I should have plenty to work with
for the next few years anyway

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net