lgb

In article ,
says...
What possible compelling reason
is there to be using Win anything but XP these days? There are so many
advantages to using a current operating system
over the fossil OS's you're electing to use. Why not upgrade to something
realistic?

Well, let's see. I'm in the process of switching back to Linux, which I
used to use to develop Unix software before I retired. I've been using
W95 in the interim only for internet access and drawing model rr plans,
woodworking plans, etc..

After I complete the switch, Windows will be used almost only for
creating decals on an Alps printer. I wanted to upgrade to 98 because
the Alps driver is better. Otherwise, I would have stayed at 95.

And when you're retired on a low budget, W98SE for $30, with a 400MHZ
computer attached, looks like a pretty good deal :-).

I'm back to using Netscape (4.77, another oldie) to read my email as
well as visit websites until I get Linux running. I just wanted to fix
Thunderbird as an exersize in defeating M$ clobbering of it :-).

BTW, the fix I quoted in my last post didn't work either. I'm either
going to give up or download a newer release. I do have the old files
which are ASCII, so I can recover any missing addresses and emails I
want to keep.

Enough - back to woodworking.

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever