Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter

The only advice I can give you is make your website about more than
what you have for sale specifically. Have articles on buying
machinery, use of machines, downloadable manuals for the machines you
sell, pictures of the use of those products, tips and tricks of the
trade. You need to make your site a reference so that you are always
on the mind of the potential buyer. This also makes you an "expert"
which increases the chance that someone will buy from you over another
site that offers nothing.

By focusing on these ideas my website is in a position where a search
for "lathe" on google returns my site as the 4th-8th hit, all without
even thinking about ranking my site, but about helping customers.

Just my 2c

On Fri, 20 May 2005 16:58:39 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

I would never ever consider buying new machinery, Joe. I think 99% of this
NG's audience is home shop guys like me. The entire reason we exist in the
numbers that we do is that used industrial machinery can sometimes be had
quite cheaply. I have no opinion on your company or any of your products
or business practices, but I don't think you will find Usenet to be very
productive.

I'm not necessarily looking to sell to folks on Usenet... More of my
customers are large companies or small companies doing large runs of the
same parts, etc. But I would bet that people here sometimes work for those
companies and know how they shop for their machines...

Selling on Usenet is never a good idea IMHO unless you are in a "forsale" or
similar group...

I simply want to know where people find their large purchase tools so I can
investigate for future advertising, etc.

Regards,
Joe

...sigless for this thread