Grant Erwin

I would never ever consider buying new machinery, Joe. I think 99% of this
NG's audience is home shop guys like me. The entire reason we exist in the
numbers that we do is that used industrial machinery can sometimes be had
quite cheaply. I have no opinion on your company or any of your products
or business practices, but I don't think you will find Usenet to be very
productive.

GWE

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

We all work with metal in some shape or form (or are reading the group for
some other reason). I assume that many of us look for machinery from time
to time as proven by the many posts about what (insert generic object title
here) to buy.

When looking for specific info, some people ask here... Some people look in
trade publications... Some people visit the net / MSC / McMaster /
ThomasRegister / etc. eBay is sometimes a viable search area too since many
of us look for used or low cost equipment either for kicks or sometimes just
for spare parts, etc.

For our company, I hit the trade publications and web sites as often as we
can afford to. We also work very hard to have a high page rank and many
"doors" to our business via web site(s). We are on Thomas's web "thing" as
well as Zycon and a few others. Am I missing some other avenue to advertise
metalworking - or in my specialized case, production drilling machinery?

Would love to be able to grow the business... But want to make sure I'm not
missing some great opportunity to advertise somewhere just because I don't
know about it. Rather than doubling my efforts in the areas we already know
are working, I'm seeking for new ideas on where to put my time and effort...

So, I ask the question... Where do YOU look when you need equipment?

I'm going to post this separately on a woodworking group too because we do
get leads from that industry as well. However, most of the posts there are
low cost items compared to what we buy... Your answers will be more
relevant to me in my opinion.

Regards,
Joe

(Sigfile removed to make sure nobody mistakes this for spam)