Doug Miller

In article , steve wrote:
[snip]
The Calypso washer appears to have an fetish for under-wire bras. In
fact, it loves them so much that it eats the wires, which become lodged
under the tub near the entry for the drain pump. They then collect lint
and foul the drain resulting in strange and intermittent error codes.

[snip]

The only other mystery is: Since my wife does not wear under-wire bras,
who has been washing them in our washer?

Possibly they belonged to a house guest, and not necessarily a recent guest,
as the wires could have become lodged quite some time ago, and only recently
vibrated into a position where they began to cause problems.

I'm guessing that you don't have a teenage daughter, or it would have already
occurred to you that she might be the source - but if you have a teenage *son*
they might belong to his girlfriend.

It's also possible that your wife *does* wear under-wire bras... just not in
front of *you*. :-(

--
Regards,