Mark Rance

"bridger" wrote in message
In article ,
lgb wrote:

In article , says...
Try Mozilla's counterpart newsreader/mail program - Thunderbird. I'll
never open Outlook Express again!

I just updated from W95 to W98SE. Yes, I know I'm slow :-).

W98 has completely wiped out my address books and inbox/sent/trash
folders.
Even
restoring them from a CD backup doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

You're not slow, as you say, you're creating unnecessary problems for
yourself. What possible compelling reason
is there to be using Win anything but XP these days? There are so many
advantages to using a current operating system
over the fossil OS's you're electing to use. Why not upgrade to something
realistic? As MS now admits, Win98 SE and ME were
ly conceived ideas back then...and they garner no greater merit today.

-Mark