BigWallop

"Brian G" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:
"raden" wrote in message

For those who have switched off from VE day Warplanes ...

http://www.pledgebank.com/no2id

geoff

If everyone of an innocent nature was carrying an ID card, then you
wouldn't be worried at all about being stopped in the street by the
police and asked to show your ID. I think you'd only fly off the
handle and object if you knew you had something to hide, or had just
done something that is against the rules of society, normally called
the moral code.

What about the freedom just to walk about without having to explain yourself
to all and sundry. Remember, it just won't be PC plod who will have the
power to stop you.

With you moral code, what is 'moral' to you is 'immoral' to someone else,
even though what you are doing is perfectly legal!

Moral code is allowing others the freedom to live their lives, as well as you
living yours. No one wants to be frightened just walking to the shops, and
thugs who interfere with that action and bring about that fear are breaking the
moral code.

I'm not talking about people walking around doing their own thing, where is that
illegal? I'm talking about the people who are only there to make your life a
misery. That's illegal, and breaks moral code.

Who in their right minds would think that, in a population of
millions of people, that they, and they alone, would be picked out
and scrutinised by the big brother state? Answers on a post-card to:
:-)

Ask that question to those people who have been stopped and searched under
the 'Suss law' - even though they have been going about their lawful
business. You, like me are old enough to remember that one, with people
being stopped just because they had long hair - I last saw that law being
used a few years ago when driving through a major city and four plods had
just stopped a young lad for no apparent reason in the 'club-land' area and
were searching him.

And did the lad have any outstanding behavoural problems? Was he known to carry
or supply drugs, weapons or things? Yes, I remember well the SUSS laws, and I
still thought they were a good thing. Even after being stopped and asked who
and what I was on numerous occasions. But an ID card would have help in those
situations. Showing a valid card would have allowed the police to ID me in a
couple of minutes, rather than having to check for my identity over half the
country before letting me go with a "sorry sir" ringing in my ears.

Only them with a paranoid disposition are going to think they're
being watched from on high. Time to bring out the aluminium foil
hats folks.

They will watch and you don't need to be of a paranoid disposition to work
that out. BW, you are being 'watched' now. Just jump into your mode of
transport and drive on any major road and you will be photographed at some
stage and your vehicle number checked - could be a bit awkward if you were
'playin away' in the wrong area of town and there was a purge on.

Brian G

All I'm hearing here is extreme cases of "what ifs", when all that will really
happen is a card will drop through the doors of the people who register for
them. If you're on the list, then you'll get in. If you're not, then you'll
get hassled.

Playing away, as you put it, with a hooker was only made criminal by the health
and safety laws. It was known that men and women who partook in the pleasures,
were nearly a thousand times more likely to catch sexually transmitted diseases
than those who stayed at home, so to speak. So solicitation was made an
offence, and so to was the act of persuasion (kerb crawling) to a lady of the
night. But these laws were only passed because of the increased health risks to
the general population. Or, put another way, another offence against moral
codes.

If the majority of people lived by allowing others to live, then all these
"silly" and "extreme" laws would be put out to pasture. But, as long as people
out there are only out there to make other peoples lives a misery, then these
"silly" and "extreme" laws will need to be upheld.

All this is actually being used now in certain places, so why not extend it to
encompass all of us. Maybe then it will be put to good use.