raden

In message , Grumps
writes
The only people who might object to id cards are those who are either
illegal in this country or those who have something to hide!!!!
In one way or another we carry id cards now! either a driving licence or
credit/debit card so what's the objections?.,
Grumps

Can you refrain from top posting please, and sort out your sig sep ?

So, you have a driving license ?

is that not sufficient ID for most purposes?

Have you thought of

a) the consequences of someone incorrectly entering your details

b) someone being able to access your details for malevolent purposes
(it's happened several times recently)

c) the fact that the project is likely to be an expensive flop

d) that ID cards spectacularly failed to stop terrorist attacks in e.g.
the US, Spain and Bali. Don't forgetthis was the reason for the urgency
of bringing them in

e) how are ID cards going to get rid of illegal immigrants who live
within a fairly closed ethnic community

f) how are ID cards going to reduce crime when the police don't even
respond to burglaries

g) several other things I haven't thought of

I'm not a criminal and AFAIK have nothing to hide, but I am liable to
find myself criminalised for performing no criminal act

Together with other recent pieces of legislation, we will end up wit a
significant proportion of people just living outside the law

"raden" wrote in message

For those who have switched off from VE day Warplanes ...

http://www.pledgebank.com/no2id

--
geoff

--