PJ

Brian G wrote:
Grumps wrote:

The only people who might object to id cards are those who are
either illegal in this country or those who have something to
hide!!!! In one way or another we carry id cards now! either a
driving licence or credit/debit card so what's the objections?.,
Grumps

carrying driving licences and credit cards with you is NOT mandatory.
If you leave them at home and then stopped and asked for ID you are
NOT commiting an offence by not having them on your person.

Introduce a mandatory scheme, and then if you don't show the card
when asked by ANYONE who has been granted the necessary authority
(not just the local plod, but literally the butcher, the baker and
the candle-stick maker if they have been given the authority to do
so) , you can/will be arrested.

Big brother is coming - a little late, but he is coming!

Brian G

As I understand it, as I walk around my town surveillance cameras can
monitor my movements.

I do not have any store cards but my action within that store could be
followed using the security cameras.

Police have cameras which identify car number plates so my location and
travels can be monitored.

I have to wear a photo security badge at work.

Do I worry about being monitored? My only fear would be that I might be
liable for the eventual psychiatric medical expenses of the person doing
the monitoring.