Default Carpet fitter damaged new carpet

I bought a light carpet a few days ago and it got fitted today. I
noticed a couple of relatively small marks on it as it was being
fitted, but because it was reminent and I got a reasonably good deal on
it (=A3170), I thought I would just be able to clean it. However, after
the fitter had gone, and under a different light, I noticed loads of
other marks that appear to have been made from his shoes. Now the
whole carpet looks dirty and ruined, and needs a professional clean.

What's my situation here? Can I claim the cleaning costs, and from the
fitter or the shop?=20

Many thanks.=20

Mike