NSM

"Karl" wrote in message
news:1aJie.45455$yV4.33488@okepread03...
I have a Radio Shack DX-398 shortwave radio with a bad speaker. RS

National
Parts no longer carries that speaker, and I cannot find anything on the
Internet that seems to fit the specs. It is a ROUND, 3-inch, 8-ohm, 3-watt
speaker. Has to be round, square won't fit. Does anyone know where I might
find a speaker with those specs? One with with a slightly higher wattage
rating and/or slightly lower ohms rating might work. I found a post

stating
that the speaker from a certain Sony shortwave receiver would fit, but

Sony
wants $20 for it plus shipping (not tonight, Sony, I have a headach!).

http://www.allelectronics.com/

http://www.alltronics.com/

http://www.jameco.com

for starters.