Patriarch

Odinn wrote in :

snip
Yup, that's my fear. I just found out the amount and size of trees
I'm going to be milling, and there is NO WAY I can haul it all in one
shot.

3 trees 10" diameter, ~30 ft
3 trees 12" diameter, ~40 ft
2 trees 14" diameter, ~40 ft
2 trees 16" diameter, ~50 ft

Good thing my FIL has a large garage/shed (40x40) so I can stack a lot
of this away for a trip later on. Now I need to find someone with a
kiln, since I'm in the middle of some landscaping and don't have a
place to build my own yet.

The longer you can leave it stacked, stickered and properly ventilated, the
less weight you have to manage, handle and transport.

There's a fellow hangs out here who's often pointing folks to the USFS wood
site, for solid info on drying various species. My guess is that George
will be around soon. I don't have it bookmarked, but he does. Otherwise,
a Google search will show it.

When you are paying $2.50/gal for fuel, you want to haul as little water as
practical.

Patriarch