On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:15:21 -0400, in misc.consumers.house Andrew White
wrote:

We have a Whirlpool Duet front-loading washer. There is a very wide
and very flexible rubber seal on the inside of the door and around the
wash tub. After having the washer for about 6 months we discovered
that there were about 15-20 socks (mostly kids') behind the seal.
Apparently there is enough of a gap for socks to slip out of the tub
and behind the seal! Now we check there on a regular basis and catch
a few socks a month...

Ahhhh maybe that's where all the baby socks have been going in my household.