IMM

Default Speedfit catastophic failure.

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 May 2004 17:49:24 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Peter Taylor" wrote in message
.. .
Bob Mannix wrote

Call me simple minded (many have) but I
can't quite see how quoting a piece
from the manufacturers saying "..hacksaws should
not be used.", is in any
way a justification for using hacksaws.

It is clear they meant just cutting with a hacksaw and nothing else.

They
also said "The inventive can find many ways of achieving a perfectly
acceptable clean,square cut using a variety of tools.". Which I did.

Clearly you didn't or you fumbled the job in some other way.

I did not. A square clean cut with no burrs.

I've used Speedfit as well as other brands
on numerous occasions and
simply followed the instructions,.

I folowed them too and the O ring went for a walk. Poor quality. Best you
rip out all this crap you have installed and do it properly.

I've never had any problems.

More you are lucky.

No. The hacksaw gives a square cut and the Stanley knife trims off. You
could just use a Stanley knife, but getting a square cut is difficult and
cutting though the pipe would be difficult.

The recommended way is to use a pipe cutter,

So do Hepworth but say you can get a square clean cut in other ways too. A
had a square clean cut.

and it is quite obvious why.

What are you on about?