Jonah

Mozilla just released version 1.0.4 within the past week to address some security issues. This will probably be the
trend as it gets more popular and more bad guys become interested in taking advantage of it. It's still way better than
any MS product in terms of both security and performance, IMHO. Having said that, I've never heard anything about any
Java problems with Firefox.

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2005 00:31:14 GMT, Dave in Fairfax wrote:

"Bill C." wrote:

I don't use MSFT OS's anymore so DAMHIKT, but 'regclean.exe' is your friend.
Delete the Firefox directory and then apply regclean (Google for it ...
it's on a MSFT site somewhere.)

You should be done. Reinstall Firefox.

I just went from Fedora Core 2.0 Linux to Mandrake 10 Community Linux and
lost nothing. Nothing.

Normally I'd agree with you about reloading Firefox, but it and
Mozilla have a major security problem at the moment. You'll have
to turn off Java, Javascript and about everrything that makes it
useful versus IE to stop the problem. Hopefully a fix will be in
the next version, the new one doesn't have a fix.

Got a link? My sources don't seem to mention anything current. One of
us has newer information than the other...not sure who.