IMM

Default Speedfit catastophic failure.

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 May 2004 16:19:30 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 4 May 2004 15:46:24 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Well time to fill up. I always fill with just fresh water in case of

swift drains down in case of a problems and lose the inhibitor.
Lo-and-behold one Speedfit fitting was ****ing out. A swift drain

down.
On
inspection the O ring had been pushed out of its housing ring and was
bunched up further down the fitting. The pipe inserted was plastic

that
pushed the O ring put.

What did you use to cut the pipe

A hacksaw and trimmed it off with Stanley knife to remove an burred

edges.
The insert butted right up against the pipe. The insert was not the
problem, the problem was the poor fittings...fittings made by an ex toy
maker. The toy box is the best place for them.

That's wrong. They specifically tell you to use a proper cutter and
not a hacksaw so that the pipe is cut properly square and doesn't have
burred ends in the first place.

If you don't follow the manufacturer's instructions then any criticism
of the product is a waste of time.

Total balls. I know how to cut plastic square with no sharp or burred edges.