madhat

Walking is not really an option. I can't do more than 300 yards. without my
crutches. Of course I guess I could maybe double that with the crutches.
It's not the weight that bothers me (though it doesn't help) it's the nerve
deficit and falling. It hurts hitting the ground from that high up.

I thought about a bicycle but one reason I sold my Harley was I got spasms
and fell over at a stop sign once. I was afraid it would happen while I was
going down the road at 70mph.

Swimming would probably work Ok, we bought one of those 20'x4' donut pools
we're putting up. but that's very seasonal where we live up in the
mountains. It'll probably be another month before I can use it. The nearest
public all-season pool is 80 mi. Hell, it's 80mi to McD's, PizzaHut, even a
Traffic light or 4-way stop.

I am going to try out an "Air-Walker" that a friend has. I can hang onto it
while I'm using it and I don't have the stepping motion, more like a
swinging motion. I looked at the 5BX sites and a couple of yoga sites. I'll
give them a try. I just got one of those big rubber bands from the
orthopedist. I can do that stuff sitting down.

Thanks for the ideas.

madhat

--
Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some
days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed

Hunter S. Thompson