Larry Jaques

On Thu, 19 May 2005 16:55:54 GMT, the inscrutable Gunner
spake:

On Thu, 19 May 2005 09:00:31 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 18 May 2005 17:48:37 -0700, the inscrutable "madhat"
spake:

Anyone have any ideas for a low-impact exercise program? The nearest thing
we have to a gym in the area is 80 mi from here.

There are several forms of yoga which will help you stay in better
shape and won't increase your injuries. The stretching and range of
movement look simple but they burn calories and get you back in shape
quickly. Yoga can be done alone or with friends/family for structure
and support.

Then there is Tai Chi...which is very very good and so simple that
geriatrics can do it.

Probably no good for his leg/lower back problems. I'm doing Tai Chi
now and it's tough on my knees. Gotta keep getting the weight down.
High school: 182 lbs. Currently 208 lbs, down from 223. (Egad! I'm 5'
11".)

One of these days I'll grab an extra 43" length of 3/4" pipe and hang
it in the hallway for a chinup/pullup/stretching/leg/stomach lift bar
and get busy on it.

A copy of "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" found its way here last week, too.

Save the Endangered Boullions from being cubed!
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online