Andy Hall

Default Speedfit catastophic failure.

On Tue, 4 May 2004 17:49:24 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Peter Taylor" wrote in message
.. .
Bob Mannix wrote

Call me simple minded (many have) but I
can't quite see how quoting a piece
from the manufacturers saying "..hacksaws should
not be used.", is in any
way a justification for using hacksaws.

It is clear they meant just cutting with a hacksaw and nothing else. They
also said "The inventive can find many ways of achieving a perfectly
acceptable clean,square cut using a variety of tools.". Which I did.

Clearly you didn't or you fumbled the job in some other way.

I've used Speedfit as well as other brands on numerous occasions and
simply followed the instructions,. I've never had any problems.

Just what I was going to say. He says he trimmed it with a Stanley

knife - it
would have been simpler, quicker and a better result to just cut the pipe

with
that!

No. The hacksaw gives a square cut and the Stanley knife trims off. You
could just use a Stanley knife, but getting a square cut is difficult and
cutting though the pipe would be difficult.

The recommended way is to use a pipe cutter, and it is quite obvious
why.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl