IMM

Default Speedfit catastophic failure.

"Peter Taylor" wrote in message
Bob Mannix wrote

Call me simple minded (many have) but I
can't quite see how quoting a piece
from the manufacturers saying "..hacksaws should
not be used.", is in any
way a justification for using hacksaws.

It is clear they meant just cutting with a hacksaw and nothing else. They
also said "The inventive can find many ways of achieving a perfectly
acceptable clean,square cut using a variety of tools.". Which I did.

Just what I was going to say. He says he trimmed it with a Stanley

knife - it
would have been simpler, quicker and a better result to just cut the pipe

with
that!

No. The hacksaw gives a square cut and the Stanley knife trims off. You
could just use a Stanley knife, but getting a square cut is difficult and
cutting though the pipe would be difficult.