Larry Jaques

On Wed, 18 May 2005 17:48:37 -0700, the inscrutable "madhat"
spake:

Anyone have any ideas for a low-impact exercise program? The nearest thing
we have to a gym in the area is 80 mi from here.

There are several forms of yoga which will help you stay in better
shape and won't increase your injuries. The stretching and range of
movement look simple but they burn calories and get you back in shape
quickly. Yoga can be done alone or with friends/family for structure
and support.

I started a on a sort of modified diet Monday last week. I started at 400
and this morning was 388. I think I could do better if I could get some
exercise into the program.

Grab all the yoga books from your local library and see which of the
stretches and exercises you can do in your physical condition. Combine
styles to come up with your own version of a set or 3, then do them
whenever you can.

I had upper back problems and can't get both feet behind my neck at
the same time any more g, but I'm still limber 30 years later after
spending several years doing Hatha yoga. (Lillias on PBS) You have
reminded me to start it up again myself. Thanks!

Do the voices in my head bother you?
http://diversify.com Full-Service Web Development