Cydrome Leader

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Eric R Snow wrote:
Yesterday I went to buy a new argon bottle. The one I have presently
is a 150 cubic foot bottle. They are about $195.00 US new. Asking
about the price the guy says why not get the 250? It's only $207.00
US. Sure I say. Only 12 bucks more. So, the fellow helps me load it
and then we go into the store so I can pay. Then he tells me he
goofed. The 250 bottle is really $297.00. 90 bucks more! Then he says
that since he had just told me it was $207.00 a few minutes before he
would honor that price. Cool huh? Central welding has some good
business ethics.
Eric R Snow,
Who now has two argon cylinders and won't be running out anty time
soon.

I went to my local welding supplies shop a couple of months ago to buy
some rods. I picked up a couple of packs which came to around ?29. Then
they couldn't get the credit card machine to work (they'd just been
installing those chip-and-pin machines) so the guy said he'd do me a
deal and gave me them for ?20 cash. I was pretty pleased. Maybe this is
a trend among welding stores?

Chris

The local welding shop I use in Chicago has computer they look up pricing on, but I've never seen any paperwork they wasn't done by hand. They just make up pricing for liquid nitrogen since I only get 10liters at a time. Some other local tool supplies are pretty old fashioned as well.