Cydrome Leader

Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:40:37 -0500, "Sven" wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..
On 16 May 2005 14:15:39 GMT, Ignoramus21310
wrote:

For the last year, I wore some military surplus pants when I was
doinbg various work. They were nice because they are very
accommodating, have big pockets, and also can get quite dirty without
looking ugly.

Unfortunately, they are not that strong and wear easily.

Any suggestions for similar pants made from stronger material?

Swiss and Italian mil-surp pants are actually much tougher. You can
find them at Majors Surplus and so forth on line.

Then..,there is Carhartt.

Gunner

Carhartt jeans and coats seem to be overpriced and made from material that
self destructs as soon as they get a little hole in them. I have been buying
Dickies coats and insulated coveralls and Levi jeans,( the old dark blue
unwashed ones for $27.00)
Steve

The stiching has been getting junkier of the past few years and I suspect my carhartt pants wear faster than the used to. I've had some belt loops rip out and I don't even wear a belt on a few pairs made in the last two years.

Dickies are very good too. But Ive never had Carhartts go bad. Ive
worn them out though..but it takes some doing.

Dickies insulated pants are warm but have a really stange cut that causes plumber ass. Their regular carpenter jeans seem ok.

I wear bib overalls a lot. Oshcosh(sp?) are good also.

Their stuff is no longer work wear.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown