B.B.

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

I find that the older slacks that show up at Goodwill and other
thrift stores last a damn long time. They usually bite it when I snag
them on something and tear a chunk loose. The pair I've been wearing to
work for the last few weeks survived a year of tech school and tons of
yard work getting washed weekly and is just now starting to fray.
Got 'em for $4 too.

I buy most of my clothing at second hand stores. Bib overalls for $6,
jeans for $5, shirts for $2..that short of thing.

Just remember when purchasing clothing to stay away from the
synthetics for working around hot stuff and fire. Many of the
polyester blended stuff will melt and stick to your skin. Best to stay
with cottons and wools.

Yes, I learned that the hard way. Luckily it was a little blob. But
around here at least synthetics seem to be the exception at the thrift
stores.
There's one nice little ratty store downtown that sells used work
clothes. Some still even have the little Aramark tags on 'em. Shirts
for $1 each, jeans three for $5. Good, tough clothes; all cotton; dirt
cheap. They had a heap of ripped-off name tags in the corner. I found
one with my name from an old job!

Is there any inexpensive fireproofing chemicals that can be applied to
a pair of pants for example..that wont give you cancer or make your
pecker fall off?

Nope. Fire-proofing and depeckerfication go hand-in-hand. Unless
you count water, but that'll have to be reapplied often. (:

Gunner, with many shirts and jeans with weld burns in them

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/