Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Latest really-stupid commercial observed during the nightly news. Some
car commercial with a bunch of cars driving around with tails in the air
and only front tires on the ground. Background voiceover intones, "get a
car that uses all 4 wheels (or something to that effect)" as the car being
advertised goes zipping around all the cars driving on their front tires
only. Really, really, stupid CYA legalese pigeon-dropping: "professional
drivers on closed course" uh-huh.

Those Mentos commercials still bug me. Not offensive or anything - just
weird, weird, weird. After one ends I'm usually found with a "I don't
get it" expression and a slow head shake.

On the flip side - I like the Geico ads where they set you up believing
that what you're watching is a real promo for a new show or something -
then wrap it into a message about Geico insurance. There's one with a
newlywed couple spending a year doing a reality TV show where everything
in their house is about 1/2 the normal size. Well done.

There was an ad run locally for a satellite TV service - saying how poor
the service on cable is with blackouts and repairmen never showing up.
Problem is that the ad is run on Comcast cable and I can't remember the
last time our service went out.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05