Andrew Gabriel

Default Simple cheap wireless personal alarm (not intruder alarm) required

In article ,
(Roy Gilbert) writes:
Can anyone help please. I have a closely-situated neighbour who is
old. I wish to give him a personal wireless transmitter he can wear
constantly which will activate an alarm in my house (but NOT a
burgular alarm) in case of illness or an emergency where he cannot use
the telephone. It needs a range of 50/100 metres so a low powered
transmitter is suitable. I have considered using a wireless door bell
as the alarm sounder but a door-bell button is unsuitable. The
transmitter obviously needs to be small.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I can use or adapt? Preferably
cheap please.

For this application, it's probably not worth it.
Many local authorities run a subsidised scheme for providing a
properly monitored call system, with them also being able to
call back through a speakerphone and listen in. You could be listed
as one of the numbers they call in the event of any problem, but if
you aren't around, an emergency would still be handled 24x7.
Contact your local social services and see what's available in
your area.

--
Andrew Gabriel