robo hippy

I am just going to have to try the LDD method. One question though,
when you take the bowl out of the solution, do you just drip dry it, or
rinse it off, or what?
robo hippy

Dr. Deb wrote:
Prometheus wrote:

Hello all,

I went out on Sunday with the bow saw, and cut myself some nice

maple
and birch out of some trees that were knocked over when the logging
trucks widened the road in the county forest. Since I don't have a
big stock of cured blanks yet, I've been turning a little of it
sopping wet. I know the standard procedure is to put a coat of

sealer
over the roughed-out blank and wait for it to dry out, but I want

have a few finished pieces as well! I made a little maple bowl
tonight after work, and finished it with a 3lb. cut of shellac, in

the
hopes that it may survive.... I have seen a couple of references to
finishing the piece right away, but this is the first time I've

tried
this. Did I mess up a perfectly nice little bowl, or is it likely

survive with the shellac on it to slow down the moisture exchange?

If
it does survive, does finishing immediately work on larger pieces

as
well, or does it need to have a thin wall?

Thanks for any advice you've got!

Leif has said it all. But then why shouldn't he, he is the High

Priest of
LDD! :-)

Deb