madhat

Anyone have any ideas for a low-impact exercise program? The nearest thing
we have to a gym in the area is 80 mi from here.

I started a on a sort of modified diet Monday last week. I started at 400
and this morning was 388. I think I could do better if I could get some
exercise into the program.

My problem is bad back, bad right leg, and chronic pain from a work injury.
I was about 270 , 8 1/2 years ago before I became pretty much disabled and
could not get my usual exercise. I used to walk/jog 6mi a day and work the
weight machine a couple of times a week. Now I'm pretty much out of that.
It's the sh_ts living in mountains and Oregon and not being able to go
hunting and fishing anymore.

Every day I go try and work around the place or out in my shop, I'm laid up
for a day or two. I've been working on my 1/3 mi of fence for a month. I
might mention I am 6'6 so pretty much no matter what I'm doing its a bend or
stoop situation.

Oh crap, I'm starting to sound like a whiner.

Any way if anyone knows any good lo-impact, not to physical exercise for a
crippled up old fat guy, feel free to contribute.

Thanks,
madhat

--
Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some
days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed

Hunter S. Thompson