Harry K

pat wrote:
we are planning to remodel one of our bathrooms which is used
primarily by our daughter ans is also used as the "guest" bathroom.
the plans call for replacing a cast iron bathtub. are there any
benefits or drawbacks in using acrylic versus cast iron when we
replace this tub? she takes showers exclusively, however this is the
only "full" bathroom in the house. thanks for any/all advise &
recommendations.

Costwise the acrylic will be far cheaper by the time you retile. I am
with Bellsouth. One piece shower tub, no seams to leak or collect
crud. Wife wanted a glass shower door but I convinced her to use a
curtain. Keeping a glass shower door clean is a constant hassle vice
throwing the curtain in the wash.

Harry K