John

Ignoramus22906 wrote:

On Wed, 18 May 2005 13:25:10 -0700, John wrote:

Ignoramus5574 wrote:

I started dieting when I was wearing 38x32 pants and they started
becoming tight.

Now I wear 32x32 pants, it's been about 20 months.

http://igor.chudov.com/weightloss/

Great job! Congratulations!

Thank you!

I know just how you feel, I've been exercising and watching my
weight for about 5 years now, after my son bought me a bicycle. I
am at the same weight you are 173 lb. and it's all (most anyway) due
to the exercise. I could never lose much weight by dieting alone.
If I did, it wouldn't stay off. Now I ride about 100 -150 miles a
week average, 2 nights after work is the toughest, since I work 10
hour days. I've done many centurys (100 mile rides) and plan to do
a one-day ride in July of 207 miles (Seattle to Portland). If I can
do it most of you guys can since I'm probably older by 10 to 20
years than most of the group.

I am extremely impressed and I am also very happy for you. For me,
still, being slim makes every day to be like a little celebration.

If anyone starts a rigid exercise program, the first several months
won't be fun, but if you stay with it, it becomes much more
enjoyable as you get into shape. Try and do it with a partner for
motivation. My son and I ride together all the time. I even got my
wife into it by buying a tandem that we ride as a team.

I am, personally, addicted to running. If I do not run for a week or
so, I become cranky and feel rather bad. Please note that running did
not prevent me from becoming obese, I have been a jogger since the age
of 12. My mom made me run to better handle my asthma.

You web site was great, I'd like to do that but I'm an old guy, not
young and good looking like you g.

I do not think that I am particularly good looking... my bald spot was
not visible on the pictures.

I used to run, off and on, ever since I got out of the military, back in
the sixtys. But, about nine years ago I hurt my foot, nerve damage that
they never could fix, so the bike riding worked really good for me. I
really enjoyed the running, but the only problem with running or walking
is that you are always working. On a bike you have to work going up a
hill, but you can rest while coasting down the other side. I agree
100% about not riding (running) for any length of time. I'm in the
northwest where it rains occasionally and I've learned to just ride in
the rain. Otherwise I'd be getting more grumpy than I already am.

Here's my feeble attempt at a web site, www.blakesonbikes.com that'll
show the kind of bikes we ride. I had a friend help me with the site
and it has just arrived at a point where I'm willing to show it, but it
still needs loads of work. Which I'll be doing very slowly....can't let
it get in the way of my riding g!

John