John

Ignoramus5574 wrote:

snipped

I started dieting when I was wearing 38x32 pants and they started
becoming tight.

Now I wear 32x32 pants, it's been about 20 months.

http://igor.chudov.com/weightloss/

Great job! Congratulations! I know just how you feel, I've been
exercising and watching my weight for about 5 years now, after my son
bought me a bicycle. I am at the same weight you are 173 lb. and it's
all (most anyway) due to the exercise. I could never lose much weight
by dieting alone. If I did, it wouldn't stay off. Now I ride about 100
-150 miles a week average, 2 nights after work is the toughest, since I
work 10 hour days. I've done many centurys (100 mile rides) and plan to
do a one-day ride in July of 207 miles (Seattle to Portland). If I can
do it most of you guys can since I'm probably older by 10 to 20 years
than most of the group.

If anyone starts a rigid exercise program, the first several months
won't be fun, but if you stay with it, it becomes much more enjoyable as
you get into shape. Try and do it with a partner for motivation. My
son and I ride together all the time. I even got my wife into it by
buying a tandem that we ride as a team.

You web site was great, I'd like to do that but I'm an old guy, not
young and good looking like you g.

John