Sue Begg

In message , Ian
Stirling writes
Colin Blackburn wrote:
News wrote:

You loose far more with an intermediate battery between the generator and
the element, than using a directly heated thermal store.

Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough that I was talking about a system
that provided electricity not just heat.

I think News was addressing your comment that it turns itself off as it
has nowhere to put the power.
Heating a thermal store of 1m^3 takes about 1Kwh per C.
Going from 40C (UFH temps) to 95C would absorb some 4 days continuous
output.
And it's relatively easy to make larger thermal stores.

What we had been initially thinking of was a geothermal system with the
windmill to help drive the pump running the geothermal. The windmill
that was recommended plugs into the household mains and feeds any excess
back into the grid. (I can't see there being much excess !! )
We had solar panels on the old house for 25 years but the amount of heat
this house will need. Geothermal seemed the way to go.

But back to my original question :-)
Has anyone any experience of mice chewing flexible plastic piping?

The underfloor heating company have a system where all the taps etc have
their own outlet on a manifold and so there are few joins. But we have
been told that mice might be a problem
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!