Patriarch

Fly-by-Night CC wrote in
news
severe snippage of a bunch of valid posts

My wife and I are getting to the point of stating "no TV other than
PBS." I can't think of any evening show that hasn't made us cringe on
occasion while watching as a family.

We have gotten to the point that mt wife & I watch almost nothing that
doesn't get captured through TiVo first. Even relatively decent content is
often contaminated by inane, offensive commercials, often for material to
be broadcast on channels in which we have absolutely no interest.

And 44 minutes to view a 60 minute program has its benefits as well.

Baseball without beer commercials becomes watchable. Zipping through the
last three innings, with 4 pitching changes per team, becomes almost
realistic, before falling asleep. Or not.

TiVo with sattelite works for us. 6 'local' PBS channels, + Discovery's
full suite. YMMV.

Patriarch