Patriarch

Mike wrote in news:cbcl811gig6gpehnaetuac4gtghkhmhk3t@
4ax.com:

On Tue, 17 May 2005 19:25:13 -0500, Patriarch
wrote:

Then whatever number you gave them was a 'good number'.

LOL... Good point!

I have a $3500 (materials only) garden shed that gets the same sort of
response. Why does a garden shed _need_ a leaded glass entry door? :-)

You did that on purpose?? g

The door set was on closeout at the Borg. I thought it was $99, and it was
on the cart, with a couple of other things, (OK, the stack was 4' high).
The pricing was wrong, but we worked it out, and I took it anyway.

Another name for these little houses in the garden is 'garden folly'.
Seems apt.

But there is space in the garage shop for power tools that was previously
occupied by stuff now stored in a respectable outbuilding. And since it
can be seen from the back street, and isn't, in the strictest of
interpretations, properly sited, I had to make it 'nice'. The city has no
complaints, because it was 'done nicely'.

But to be able to honestly answer folks who ask what it would cost for me
to make them one, when I really don't want to, is priceless.

Patriarch