Keith Marshall

I ship via USPS Priority most often and find that their "tracking"
page is similarly useless. It tells you that the package was delivered
the day after it gets there, and nothing shows up except they list the
electronic notification. There is no hard data during transit or clear
proof that the package physically shipped. Luckily, I've never lost a
PM package and close deliveries are overnight.

I use USPS Priority most of the time too and I agree that it's mostly
useless except that when all is over with it will normally show at least
that the package was delivered. That's a big plus when a buyer tries to
tell you they never received it. I've only had it happen once or twice but
it does come in handy. :-)

The UPS package that was delivered via USPS never showed as having been
received, shipped or otherwise.

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 May 2005 01:34:22 GMT, the inscrutable "Keith Marshall"
spake:

The USPS has become quite competitive with other shipping services.

Not only that but they're also selling their services to at least one of
the
other services. I ordered some shirts a while back and they were to be
shipped via UPS because that was the only option they offered. They
emailed
a UPS tracking number to me and it continuously showed that they had been
notified electronically that the package was being sent. After about a
week
there was still no change in the status. One afternoon my wife noticed
the
mail carrier walking back up the driveway to his truck. She looked on the
front porch and there was my package with a UPS shipping label on it but
it
was delivered by the US Post Office!

I emailed the company I bought the shirts from and they said that's the
way
UPS is doing it now on some shipments. The tracking was useless. I
wonder
about the insurance.... :-/

I ship via USPS Priority most often and find that their "tracking"
page is similarly useless. It tells you that the package was delivered
the day after it gets there, and nothing shows up except they list the
electronic notification. There is no hard data during transit or clear
proof that the package physically shipped. Luckily, I've never lost a
PM package and close deliveries are overnight.

Do the voices in my head bother you?
http://diversify.com Full-Service Web Development